Last modified: 08/26/2020
Communo Corp. (“Communo” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you download, install, register with, access, or use the Communo mobile application (the “App”), and when you visit the website www.communo.com (our “Website”)(the App and the Website are jointly referred to herein as the “Services”).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- Through the Services.
- In email, push notifications, and other electronic messages between you and Communo.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Communo or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website or App.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Services are not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on the Website or App or through any of its features, register for our Services, make any purchases through the Website or App, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Website or App, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at [email protected]
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as employment history, past projects; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect through our Services may include:
- Information you provide by filling in forms on our Website or App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Services, posting material, registering for events, webinars or other promotions, or requesting further services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website or App and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Services.
- Your search queries on the Website or App.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website or App, or transmitted to other users of our Services or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of our Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website and App, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website or use of the App, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website or App.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website or engage with our App.
Do Not Track: California law requires us to disclose to you how we respond to web browser Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Because there currently is no industry or legal standard for recognizing or complying with DNT signals, we do not respond to them at this time. We await the result of work by the privacy community and industry to determine when such a response is appropriate and what form it should take.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and App and their contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide though our Website or App.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website or App.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, contact us at [email protected] For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Communo Corp.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Communo Corp. about our Services users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Communo Corp., our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Communo. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Communo to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected] If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
If you are a registered Communo user, you can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website or App. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of our Services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website or App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website or App.
Communo Privacy Officer
1025 10 St. SE, Calgary, AB T2G 3E1